Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011?

A lot of things have gone down this weekend......the new year started......met a new friend......got to catch up with very old ones....and as always my mind has created a myriad of insane new ideas and thoughts. 
I don't really now how to feel about the new year, and when I think about it I think it's better that I don't feel anything towards it.  Another year has come and passed.  And it will happen again and again and again and again.  Time goes on.  This year has BY FAR been the craziest year of my entire life.  It feels like I've been living in 12 straight months of twilight zone.  I've learned more than I ever thought I would, I've cried more than I ever thought I would, I've realized more than I ever thought I would, and I've grown closer to God than I ever thought possible.  The more I think about it......maybe I feel relieved that this year is over.  I'm glad it happened, but I'm ready to be done with it.  I've been through the darkness...hopefully 2011 holds the light that I've been looking for.  
This is a bit of a random thought but I mentioned being hopeful and whenever I talk about hope I start thinking.  Hope can either be the worst of things or the best of things.  One of my favorite quotes, possibly my most favorite, is from the Shawshank Redemption when Andy Dufresne says "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things, and a good thing never dies."  Id really like to agree with that.  Sometimes I think I over think things way too much, and that life shouldn't be nearly as hard as it is.  But then sometimes I think it should be that much of a challenge.  What would life be if you went through it not feeling anything, like you were in a coma or something.  

Let me move to a positive note.  The Robinson's are in town and they're staying with us!!!!  I am beyond excited.  They are more than friends to me.  I feel like I've gotten closer to them since they've moved which is ironic because normally you just get lazy and lose contact with someone whose moved away.  But I feel like theres more motivation to keep the relationship strong, because I don't wanna lose people are special as they are.  Last night we partied hardcore with them, and by partied hardcore I mean drank sparkling grape juice and watched Dick Clark's new years show and stayed up til 5 in the morning.  Today we just reminisced and visited all the old places we used to go.  I think one of the most painful things in this life is looking back on something you truly and genuinely enjoyed, and knowing that you'll never have it back.  It physically hurts sometimes.  
The goal of this blog is not to be a debby downer, but it seems that that's what I've been best at lately LOL. 
But speaking of letting things go.......how do you do it? is it ever really gone? Can you have a part of whatever is was you loved and be okay?  I have a hard time with letting the past go.  Because it was so much better than the present.  But I've gotta stop being like that.  That's not the point of life.  Why would we be put here to dread waking up everyday.  I believe we were put here to number 1) lead people to Christ and number 2) make the best life possible for ourselves.  Life is made to be enjoyed.  God has given us the tools to make it awesome and amazing and it's up to us to do with it what we want.  
So many random thoughts, but it's all good.

Well friends, I'm gonna go stay up really late again with Jason, Eric, and Haley.  Good night kiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment